Air Duct Heaters
Where elements are NOT in a Hazardous Area:
• 1 thermal cut-out per heating stage, sensing element surface temperature
• 1 thermal cut-out, sensing the air temperature
Where elements ARE in a Hazardous Area:
• 3 thermal cut-outs (1 per phase), per heating stage sensing element surface temperature
• 1 thermal cut-out sensing the air temperature
Note: The air temperature sensor is not required if the terminal box is thermally spaced from the duct
ATEX / IECEx II 2 G
Ex e IIC T1 to T6 Gb IP67
CU TR (formerly GOST), CCOE, CNEx, Inmetro
Air Duct Heaters Terminal Box
HC Thermal's Direct Fired Heaters are made of lightweight construction, manufactured from either carbon steel (corrosion-protected) or 316L stainless steel throughout the process of direct-fired air heaters.
Air Duct Heaters Elements
HC Thermal's Direct Fired Heaters are manufactured from 80/20 NiCr resistance wire with high purity compacted magnesium oxide powder sheathed with corrosion/erosion resistant tube, eg: Incoloy 800/825,316/316L, stainless steel, Inconel 600/625, 321 stainless steel, Titanium.
Air Duct Heaters Special Features
Where a hazardous gas is present within the duct, the elements are supplied certified Ex e for use in an ATEX / IECEx Zone 1 Area.
Supports & Voltage
- Elements are supported in a baffle assembly to prevent flow-induced vibration
- Element Fittings
- Elements are sealed into the mounting flange by either brass or stainless steel bushings to facilitate the individual replacement of elements
- Suitable for voltages up to 690V